Wednesday, October 4, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

Heh... You know what's not totally up this Wednesday? Yeah. My fence. Well, that's only partially true. It is all up. But not correctly. Such drama. I'll have a to write a post about this fence saga one of these days. It's a full post length story.
They thought maybe I wouldn't notice they broke the post and glued it back together??
The bright side is that the ring fence is finished, so we're back to normal as far as riding goes. This past Saturday was Yom Kippur and rather rainy so the boys had the day off. I don't like to jump after a day off, so we still haven't jumped. I'm hoping to pop over a few on Friday though. It's already pretty dark when I get on in the evenings, so no jumping after work until Spring. Sad face.


September 29th marked my 9th year of having the ponies at home.


Rio's the only one still at the farm from the original core four though.
Jasper has been sold a few times over (always to great homes, thankfully).

Mowgli is a beginner lesson pony at a farm nearby.

Aries has sadly crossed the rainbow bridge but at a very well love old age.

It would seem I've put on about 25 lbs too... A lot can happen in nine years! Perhaps a pizza truck party will have to be organized for next year's tenth anniversary. I'll have to get to planning!

In other news, I was a good child and joined the parents for Yom Kippur services Saturday morning. And Saturday evening we had a lovely break fast all together. After gorging on three meals in one, I spent some quality time with the nieces. My mom has pulled all my old toys out of the basement, cleaned them, and set up a toy room for the girls. It's so much fun to play with my old stuff! We colored (obviously the markers are new) and had a lot of fun with Mr. Potato Head.


The pugs have been really busy doing what they do best too:
It's good they practice so much. It's really paying off.

And that's about it from here. I'm running away from home this weekend for a quick off season Nantucket trip, so maybe I'll actually have something to talk about next week! I took Friday and Monday off too because I have some days to use up before the end of the year. Thus, I'm hoping to get a jump school in on Friday and maybe one on Monday too if I get to ride Sunday.

How was your week/weekend? Do anything fun? Anything horsey? What else is up with you?


No comments:

Post a Comment