Thursday, December 7, 2017

Thursday's Threads

Happy Outfit day everyone! It's pretty chilly here today, but hopefully will be enough above freezing to get to ride tonight. Fingers crossed! If you follow my Instagram or personal Facebook accounts you've already seen a sneak peak of last night's riding outfit, so let's start there!

So fun fact about me: I don't particularly like the color red. I tend to avoid it 98% of the time. The other 2% is when it's buffalo plaid because for some reason I LOVE red and black buffalo plaid.

Helmet: One K
This one's been getting a lot of wear time lately! I just saw that Samshield makes a winter liner, anyone know if One K does too?

Quarter zip fleece: Avalanche
Vest: Chaps
These plaids are SLIGHTLY different, but when you're riding outside in the dark, it's not at all noticeable. I was excited it was warm enough for my first horse to not need a jacket over top. Too many layers and I can't really move my arms.

Belt: C4
This C4 belt gets a fair amount of use since it matches all of my buffalo plaid. It's starting to show some wear though which is kind of a bummer.

Breeches: Smartpak
You've seen these before. They're a nice dark denim breech. I had wanted to wear black breeches, but they were all dirty. Or I hope so because I couldn't find any!

Boots: Tuffrider Regal
I still think they're the most comfortable. I stole my "keep in the trailer pair" to send to Florida for the winter and they were perfectly comfortable the very first ride. I wish all boots were this comfy out of the box.

Ok, enough about my outfit, wait till you see what the boys wore!

Truth be told, we nixed the quarter sheet because it wasn't that cold out. I thought it was going to be worse than it was. Their entire outfit was custom made for us by Hopeful Equestrian. You can find her on Etsy, and she's awesome. I can't wait for the Chanukah outfit to come for our holiday card photos! (Shut up, yes I know it's late... But also, if anyone wants a card email your address to me: seseidman@gmail.com I order lots so don't be shy!)

Bonnet: Hopeful Equestrian


The ears are a little too long on the bonnets, but whatever, they're so freaking cute!

Saddle set ups:
On Both: Voltaire saddle with Evo Equine rainbow gloss stirrups
On Jampy (first photo): Baby pad from Hopeful Equestrian and half pad by Dura Tek
 On Rio: Saddle pad by Hopeful Equestrian and half pad by Le Mieux
Polos: Hopeful Equestrian

I got a set of four so they could each wear two. Their legs are SO FURRY! Ugh... Time for some clipping I guess.

Quarter Sheet: Hopeful Equestrian
We wound up taking this off, but it's really cute. I kind of like that the sides are a bit short so he will feel my leg.

I would be lying if I didn't kind of want the same set in green buffalo plaid... Maybe next year!

Ok, on to today's outfit!

It's a sweater and jeans kind of day!


Sweater: Elsamanda
I can't photograph this sweater and do it any justice... It's a chunky knit sweater with teeny tiny little sequins throughout. Just enough to be cute and fun, but not so much that it's gaudy and I can't wear it to work. It's stupid warm too.

Belt: Mane Jane
This is the gray side of the belt I won from Mane Jane. I've worn this so many times already! So excited about it!

Jeans: Twenty One Black
These are the fancy brand from Rue 21 which isn't terribly fancy. But they're very soft and stretchy and wonderful in their own right.

Shoes: Joe's Jeans
I still haven't switched my summer and winter shoes over, so these have been getting a ton of wear. I found them last year in Florida at Marshall's for some crazy low price. I like the chain detail, and I'm pleasantly surprised by how comfy they are despite having pointy toes.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Left is wearing a sparkly cuff from Express. It's tough to see, but it is gunmetal, and super pretty!

Righty:
Righty is donning two Stacie originals. I made these a few years back, I think during one of the hurricanes. I love them, and I really wish I had more time to work on new arm candy. Purchased bracelets are nice and all, but I love wearing something I've made myself.

And that's it for today! What are you wearing? How's the weather where you are? Any favorites from above? Ever dress yourself and your horse in matching outfits? No? Why not?!

10 comments:

  1. Many weeks when I read the threads posts I just think you should be a personal shopper for people. My posts would be like hey look I'm wearing these same exact jeans with sperrys and one of these 5 tops I own with the same black cardigan over it because work is always cold. Here's my riding outfit with the same helmet, boots, and chaps combo, one of my 4 pairs of fairly neutral breeches, and my coat because it's so cold. I'm so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Eh, much of the time I wear a similar uniform. These posts have been murder on my bank account, but it's so much fun!
      I would love to be a personal shopper or a buyer for a company, that sound like such fun! Maybe if my contract doesn't get renewed next year... haha, hopefully that won't happen!

      Delete
  2. That match was as matched as match can get!! Would have loved a whole combined rider and horse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was too dark to try and video off the fence and I was all alone. Another day though!

      Delete
  3. The red looks good on both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of matchy, matchy. You can totally fix the bonnet ears yourself with a thread and a needle and not a lot of sewing skills. Let me know if you want a walkthrough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally right. Do you just tack it on the inside?

      Delete
  5. LOVE THAT BONNET! OMG! Those huge ears would fit my Rio Perfectly! Seriously such a cute ensemble- well done!Thanks for sharing!

    <3 Kelly @ HunkyHanoverian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get him one! They're pretty affordable!
      Thank you!

      Delete