Thursday, March 1, 2018

Thursday's Threads

I'm really hoping that from here on out we have riding and work outfits! I cheated a little and took riding outfit photos over the weekend just in case I didn't get to ride during the week, so this outfit is from Saturday.
The boys matched me too! They wore Lettia baby pads in pink tye-dye and some pink brushing boots from HKM.
Rio

Jampy
Helmet: Charles Owen AYR8
I have to admit laziness here. I have a black one with pink piping and didn't feel like getting it from the house. I really need to work on getting a cabinet in the barn to store all my stuff so it's always accessible.

Sweatshirt: something mountain...
I'm having an old lady moment and can't remember the brand on this. You've seen this before, possibly in other colors. I have four of them. They're fleece but it's a knit, not like your typical polar fleece. They're not static-y and they look a little nicer than your run of the mill sweatshirt.

Belt: Mane Jane
This is the belt strap I won in the Mane Jane Instagram contest. I LOVE it! It's dark gray on the other side, and between the two matches so many things! I really love this patent, pink croc side.

Breeches: SmartPak Gel Pipers
I like the gel pipers. I like the regular pipers too. I don't LOVE them. They pill up pretty quickly, and the fit is kind of so-so. But for the price, I think they're super fun and definitely good enough for everyday abuse. I love the color options, which for me is a big selling point.

Boots: TuffRider Regal
I was still battling the mud at this point. So while I do have a comfy set of paddock boots and half chaps that are black patent with pink piping, I didn't want to get them all disgusting. So the old standby it was!

That's what I rode in on Saturday! So now for today's work outfit!

I've been wanting to wear these booties for awhile, so decided today was the day. I'm a little lacking in the purple top department this season, but this casual sweater did the job. It's almost  EXACTLY the same shade as the boots which is something!

Sweater: French Connection
I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I really love French Connection sweaters. They're knit really tightly, and slightly felted. They just seem like really high quality pieces. And they're SUPER soft! It almost looks like a sweatshirt here, but it's actually a sweater.

Belt: Steve Madden
I grabbed this one off the clearance rack at Marshalls awhile back. I think the purple stars are fun, and the horse shoe type buckle obviously made me love it.

Jeans: Big Star
I didn't realize this until I was at work, but the I washed these with my wine colored jeans and the leg not shown in this photo has some red in it now... Ooops. I'll have to wash them together again and see if I can even it out! Doh.

Shoes: RW
I have no idea what RW stands for, but these didn't come with a box and that's all it says on the inside... I got them from Zulily and think they're super fab. What's not to like about purple booties?

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Left is wearing a snakeskin horse bracelet that I made. I LOVE this leather, but it's really expensive so I don't have a whole stack with it.

Righty:
Righty has on a MEGA stack! The first four are all made from basically the same leather (obviously the third one is skinner, but it's the same brand). The last one is a Kate Spade bangle. I was so excited to find that she had one that matched my homemade stack!

And that's it for today. I was kind of throwing it back to my youth when all I would wear was pink and purple. Some things don't change! Any favorites from today? What are you wearing?

6 comments:

  1. I like to think people in your every day real life appreciate your dedication to matching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do regularly get asked to show people my shoes, which is then followed by "of course they match!". I'm not sure if it's appreciation... but I'll take it!

      Delete
  2. Haha I am perpetually impressed by your dedication to matching and your impressive shoe collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's all due to being a child of the 80's. Those were crazy times...

      Delete