Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Truthful Tuesday

Well... This is the view today:
I opted to work from home today. By the time barn chores were done I wouldn't have started work until after 11 at the earliest if I drove into work. So home office it was for today! It's been pretty busy. Our local warehouses are closed, but all the others around the country are open. So here we are. Fingers crossed the power stays on! The news people seem optimistic about that so hopefully they're right.
Anyway, you're not here for me to whine about the weather (that's just an added bonus!) so I do have a confession for you. Occasionally, I give strong independent women a bad name. This is one of those times.
I don't drive Jorge my truck all that often. He takes over when the weather is bad since Bette (my car) is only rear wheel drive. Due to his infrequent use, he only has about 5200 miles on him despite his being almost a year old. He's been due for an oil change for a little bit, but I haven't had the chance to bring him in. So last night, the engine lights comes on (good timing with the storm and all). I pull out the book to see if I can figure out how urgent this light is. Upon reading, it tells me that if the message "oil change required" pops up then you have no oil. As in none at all. Uh-oh? So I check the oil. It's definitely not empty. I put a little in just in case, but the level was fine. It's pretty dirty though (it's a diesel so that's not surprising). So I'm glad my confession is not that I have no oil at all in my truck. But I am confessing to not taking good care of Jorge. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that it will get me to work and then to the Ford dealer hopefully tomorrow. (They don't seem to be in today, so I can't get an appointment yet. Stupid snow.)

Anyone else ever neglected their vehicle? How did that work out? What do you think the chances are I make it to work tomorrow?

8 comments:

  1. All of our vehicles are horribly neglected. They're all still running though. For now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm..... I neglect my car (Zara) all the time. She is a strong woman and can take the abuse LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should hope the same for Jorge. I mean, he's a dude, but still he should be strong.

      Delete
  3. It's terrible I know, but this makes me laugh. That's definitely something I would do, which is why my husband is in charge of vehicle maintenance 😂 hopefully Jorge will be fine 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was feeling really annoyed about it, until I realized it was 100% per my fault. Hopefully Jorge won't hold a grudge!

      Delete
  4. I started neglecting my car around the time it hit 200k miles. It's lucky to go to the shop-shop about once a year and the oil changes I stretch out as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, if I start treating him this way while he's young, he should be used to it later, right?

      Delete